Las Vegas Moped Accident Attorney
In Las Vegas Nevada, warm weather and abundant sunshine conspire to make mopeds an enjoyable and economical means of transportation. Sadly, its popularity often comes at a price. While this method of travel can be fun for driver and passenger alike, those who operate mopeds on public roadways are also among the most likely to suffer serious injury when something unthinkable happens.
While the moped operator’s inattention or failure to follow safe-riding recommendations can sometimes be to blame, most of these accidents occur when the driver of a truck or automobile either fails to see them or refuses to give them the right of way. If your moped accident took place in this manner, you deserve compensation for your suffering, and an experienced personal injury attorney from Weiner Law Group can help you obtain it.
Common Causes of Moped Accidents
Although no two moped accidents will ever be identical, the vast majority will have one or more factors in common. Most of them center on:
- Visibility issues. Mopeds are smaller and quieter than the trucks, cars and motorcycles with whom they must share the road. Often, other drivers neither see nor hear them until the unthinkable happens.
- Ignorance of Nevada laws. Upon encountering a moped on the road, many car, truck and motorcycle operators simply have no idea of how to act. They don’t know whether to yield or to pass, and intersections only add to their confusion. Such uncertainty can lead to disaster.
- Rider inexperience. New moped riders in particular will often make mistakes of their own. Before attempting to take a moped out in traffic, it’s best to practice on back roads until you’ve become familiar with its handling characteristics.
Despite all other considerations, the fact remains that in a large number of moped accidents, much if not all of the fault will lie in the lap of the other driver. If you should be the victim of his or her incompetence, you deserve restitution for your pain and suffering, and Weiner Law Group can help see that you get it.
Moped Accident Injuries
Moped drivers and their passengers are in a vulnerable position. Because they often fail to equip themselves with the various items of protective gear normally worn by motorcyclists, the types of physical harm to which an accident will expose them can be catastrophic. By far, the most common injuries involve:
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Facial or bodily disfigurement
- Arm or leg amputations
- Damage to the back or spinal cord
- Partial or total paralysis
Some moped accident victims never recover. Others remain for years in a vegetative state or suffer impairments that force them into round-the-clock care. Those to whom the fates have been more kind can still find themselves in need of extensive rehabilitation or ongoing medical treatment for what can prove to be lasting emotional or physical damage. Fortunately, a successful personal injury lawsuit can alleviate the financial constraints that so often impede any victim’s healing process.
Proving Your Moped Accident Case
With an eye to thoroughly investigating your accident, the experts at Weiner Law Group will interview witnesses, inspect police reports and seek out any existing photographic or video records that might help to prove your side of the case. We will also obtain cell phone records, measure skid marks and quantify the damage to all vehicles involved to ascertain whether the other driver might have been speeding, texting or running a red light. Proof of such potential circumstances will help to strengthen your argument.
The damages obtainable by victims of moped accidents include compensation for:
- Physical trauma
- Mental and emotional suffering
- Doctor and hospital expenses
- Loss of wages
- Diminished capacity for enjoyment
- Rehabilitative requirements
- In-home assistance
- Property damage
Furthermore, if the court should find that your accident resulted from deliberate and illegal actions on the part of the other driver, it may deem you additionally eligible for punitive damages. While meant to punish the offender for his actions, they will also prove of benefit to you.
Obtaining Your Fair Compensation
As the victim of a moped accident, you are likely to have suffered in numerous ways. You deserve compensation for your ordeal, and with the assistance of your personal injury attorney from Weiner Law Group, you stand a good chance of obtaining it. We are proud of our record in resolving such cases, so you need not sit around and suffer any longer. Call today and let us show you what we can do to help.